Yoga Adventure Ohana
Statement of Purpose
Yoga Adventure, our family business, has been personally developing and sutaining a community fresh drinking water system and has supported the installation of solar electric systems for our small Hawaiian community.
Yoga Adventure, our family business, has also been offering free community yoga classes and as a family or ohana, has been active in local community programs.
The efforts of our family have been very rewarding for the last 30 years and members of the community have begun to depend upon the resources we have facilitated for our neighbors and ourselves.
We need Kokua (help)
In order to maintain the support we lovingly share with our community and to create sustainability of the related progams for future generations, Deborah, Alison and David, have recently established Yoga Adventure Ohana, a non-profit organization (501c3).
With donations of time and money, we can continue to support ongoing yoga related activities, movement and sports, exemplary nutritional resourcing, cultural practices, community infrastructure i.e. green transportation, green power, access to clean drinking water and off grid electrical power, ocean and aina (earth) clean up projects, and ethnic diversity, promote and work to maintain a strong, healthy community and environment.
Awareness will also be disseminated via social media projects, video, film and photo essays regarding our program to spread the word and raise awareness*
Ohana Dream Projects
- Offer community support through construction of a small traditional community center for classes, programs and village meetings, organization of village projects
- Development of a keiki and adult canoe club including purchase of canoes, paddles, trailers, insurance, staff and other active recreational programs in nature
- Continued support of the Ho'okena Beach Community Water, its infrastructure, stipends for water bills for economically challenged families and neighbors; ongoing repairs and upgrading of the system, related costs and overdue bills due to water loss, line breakage.
- Repair and improvement to historic rock walls and roads and trails
- Support for community events related to traditional fishing and healthy reef
- Community clean up operations of the area roads, beach, and neighborhood
- Recycling programs
- Yoga, and wellness classes with emphasis on nutrition and healthy living
- Support for Hula classes, Ukulele, musical programs
- Sustainable living practices, i.e. solar power in a community that is off grid making it less dependent upon petroleum based forms of power and electricity; i.e. solar and wave action, solar vehicles
- Fundraisers to raise money and equipment for all of the programs mentioned above and to offer scholarship to local keikis, students and parents for educational opportunities.
- Community entertainment, traditional talk story; cultural gatherings , historical documentation -film to record aspects of life in the village past and present
Long Term Yoga Adventure Ohana Dream Programs
- Expand adaptive Yoga Adventure Ohana programs beyond the boundaries of our Hawaiian village to more ohanas within our sphere of travel.
|© 2020 Yoga Adventure All Rights Reserved|
970-309-3835 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org